Oops! The blog moved!

I'm so glad you stopped by. Please visit my new site at
www.buckleadership.wordpress.com
for my latest insights on leadership, service, and adding value to your everyday life.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Funk

 Funky Ears

     A book written by two German authors says that van Gogh did not actually sever his own ear; according to these historians, his good friend Gauguin chopped it off with a sword during a fight. Now I'm all for historical accuracy...but I much prefer the version that has the tormented artistic genius slicing off his own earlobe.

     Why? Because I wouldn't blame him. After all, whose ears are perfectly symmetrical? Show me two ears that match up perfectly on either side of someone's head and I'll change my mind, but I'm convinced that our ears are all just a little crooked. So I wouldn't blame van Gogh for cutting off one or both of his ears.

     Staring at my reflection in the laptop screen, I'm not sure sure my ears are safe, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, don't act a fool, and let's have a great conversation.